Monday, April 6, 2009

My Grandpa

This is my mom with her dad and my grandfather, Richard Bates. My grandpa passed away on March 24th and we went to his memorial this weekend.

There was definite sadness, but overall it was a good memorial. We got to hear stories of when my grandpa and grandma were young. One of the things that I learned is my grandpa could sleep anywhere, as shown above.

This photo was taken this last November when my Aunt Mariah brought Grandpa to visit us. He is here with my sister, Brandi.
Thank you, Aunt Mariah, for taking the time to bring Grandpa to see us. I know that if you had not done been kind enough to do it. Grandpa would have passed away and it would have been over a year since I had last seen him.

Grandpa - You were greatly loved and will be missed. I know that you are in heaven with Jesus and Grandma and there is nothing better than that.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice tribute to your Grandfather.....I am sorry to hear about your loss....

    ReplyDelete