Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Birthday

My 33rd birthday was this last Friday. For some reason, growing old is not something that bothers me. Since I was young I have always wanted to be a grandma, like my grandma, and so I have always accepted that getting old is a part of the deal.

My actually birthday was very low key. My husband, the good man that he is, is giving me a party this coming Friday.

Yes, this is me holding the video camera. And for your viewing pleasure, pictures of me pregnant. Not the pictures my sister-in-law, Ange is looking for, but these will have to do.

We have started the tradition of a birthday breakfast, because we never know exactly what our days or nights will hold on our birthdays. I want cinnamon rolls for my birthday breakfast. Usually, I do all the cooking and make exactly what my family want - crepes with whip cream and strawberries, chocolate chip pancakes. You get the idea. I removed the pressure off Jeremy and we just bought my cinnamon rolls. They were very good.

Here I am blowing my candles out. The girls thought they were quite ingenious coming up with the "3" candle and then the 3 stick candles.

Overall, it was a great day. I felt loved and appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jess!

    I am sorry we won't be there on Friday....we have a birthday weekend here to celebrate as well....Cameron turns the big 13.

    Hope to see you guys soon....hopefully before the baby too!

    ReplyDelete