Thursday, April 7, 2011

Parker's Place

Once upon a time, I lived in a place called Waterville, WA and in that place my family and two other families were great friends. We did a lot of stuff together like going on summer vacation.

Life moved on and we, the Leisters, moved away. As can happen, the ties with these families became thin and we only heard sporadic information about them.

One of the sadder bits of info I have heard was about my friend, Josh's little boy, Parker. He was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 2 and lived only six more years before he passed away in 2009.

His family has had to go on without him, but they have taken their grief and chosen to make a difference. They have created a camp for others who have lost a child to a terminal illness. It is called Parker's Place.

I do not have any more information than what is on the website. I just wanted to pass it along to any of you. The camp is happening in Couer d'Alene this year. And I thought if you knew someone who could use this, you could pass it along.

I look at my four children and I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose one of them. I am challenged and encouraged by the Brown family even though I have had no personal contact for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment