Saturday, April 30, 2011

Egg Decorating

My kids love to decorate eggs. I was not even planning on doing it with them this year, because finances were tight. This did not sit well with them, so they put their money together to buy the necessary items.

I love this smiley face.

He thought decorating eggs was an exciting thing also.


In my perusing of crafting websites, I came across the idea of using crayon. You grate crayons and then put the shavings on while the egg is still hot. It created a very interesting effect.


This is how Bailee feels when I take her picture and she has not had time to prepare herself.


I just enjoy the time it gives us to work on something fun and talk. Jeremy even joined for a while this time.

1 comment:

  1. For future reference, you can make your own egg dye using just vinegar and food coloring. We didn't dye any this year, but last year I made my own.

    ReplyDelete