Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve

This year I decided to let our girls stay up until midnight, so we could experience the beginning of the new year together. Jeremy and I went to Costco and bought some party food and we decided we would play games and maybe watch a movie.

We did the game playing and it was fun. We played "Life" which I won for once, usually I lose. Part of the reason I lose is because I never get children. I cannot remember the last time I played and ended up with any children. Definitely not like my life.


We then played a DVD movie game that we have which was basically a contest between Jeremy and I although Bailee definitely helped. Then the girls decided they would like to watch a movie. It was about 10:00 by this time and I knew if we started a movie chances were good they would be asleep before the new year, but I also did not have the energy to suggest anything else.

So we put in a movie and Bailee and Makayla actually made it through the movie. But all of us together bringing in the new year together was not to be. This is how things stood at 11:30pm.

We will have to try again another year.


2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the two girls zonked out. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute....♥

    I'll bet they were super excited to stay up late....we were not so accomodating here. Josie rang in the New Year in her dreams that started about 8:30pm....Matthew followed at 9:30 and I have no idea when Cam went to bed, because I went at 11...........shocker, I know.

    ReplyDelete