Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Now that I have read a few blogs from other family members that include Christmas pictures, I just need to do it myself.
Christmas for us is a series of separate occasions. My husband has two sets of families, I have one, and then we have just our family time. I don't mind going to these different occasions. In fact this year, it was very helpful to me.
Christmas this year was good, but also a little sad. A good portion of my family live in Kenya and another branch live in Wichita. It was my first Christmas without my brothers, the ones closest to my age. Last year was my first without my parents. To have all of these people missing from my Christmas was very challenging. To have me pregnant and emotional also made it challenging.
We did have a wonderful Christmas though, because the meaning of Christmas will always be the same. Jesus will always be the center and he gives hope to all circumstances. If my children never learn anything else from me, I would be okay with them learning just that.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our Christmas.

This is our girls with Bill and Jessie Schmidt. They are my sister, Rachel's parents.
They have been a tremendous blessing to all of us with my family living so far away.

Bailee is now a teenager and her Christmas list has definitely changed.

Sammy in her doctor's glasses.

Girls with Grandpa Mike and Grandma Pam.
Well I have run out of time. I have to get ready for a birthday party, so I will post more later.

1 comment:

  1. oh Jess....

    I am sorry that you are without your family....I can imagine a little bit of what you must be feeling...it has to be very difficult to have your large, so connected family away during the holidays. Your family is so loving to eachother....I can imagine every member felt exactly what you felt. Looking back, it was just a few years ago that you were ALL together. It will get easier. You are right, the meaning is still the same and that is the important part.

    ♥thinking of you♥

    ReplyDelete