Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PicMonkey


I am really enjoying this Tech Wednesday.  I love finding new programs to use.  The one I have today could change your lives.  Well, not really, but it could definitely change how your pictures look.

For most of you, I am going to assume, you take pictures and then just send them in to be printed.  I use Costco to develop my pictures and they will do an auto fix on your pictures for you.  I do not do this because I like to be in control of how my pictures look, so I use a photo editing program.

For some of you, the Costco auto fix might be just what you need.  But for those of you who are like me, you might like to have that control of what your picture will ultimately look like.  Often photo editing software can be spendy or so complicated you just never use it because you do not have the time to learn it.

I have another option for you today.  It is called PicMonkey.  It is a simple photo editing software online. This means you do not have to download the program to your computer.  You do all the editing online and then save the pictures back to your computer.

I just glanced through it and think it is great.  It has all the standard editing tools and then lost of fun extras.  Many of them cosmetic edits.  You can even give yourself a tan.  I am telling you this is a fun program.  Bailee is very excited to use it.  She has been using Picasa, but this has so much more.

I am going to leave you with a link to another blog that walks you through a simple tutorial on how to edit a photo using PicMonkey - The Mother Huddle.

If you try it, please come back and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment