Thursday, March 15, 2012

Samaritan's Purse

Thursdays I have designated for missionary updates.  As you all know, my parents live in Eldoret, Kenya as directors of a children's home.  Right now, they have 23 Kenyan children they have responsibility for.  They range in age from 1 to 7 and the majority are 3 right now.  Crazy!!  Sadly, I have not been able to visit them there yet, but I know God has a time picked out.  You can check out my mom's blog here: Leister's Kenyan Life.

My sisters with a few of the kids

I tell you all that to give you an idea just how important it is to me to keep up on missionaries that my family supports.  And today, I want to share with you one organization that we have supported for the last several years.

Samaritan's Purse is a wonderful organization that has touched so many areas on our planet that have been touched by nature disasters or mankind disasters.  They have taken the gospel to place that many of us may not have even heard of.

Jeremy and I initially got involved with Samaritan's Purse via their Operation Christmas Child program.  You fill a shoe box with little items for a boy or girl within a specific age range.  Samaritan's Purse then takes those boxes and delivers them to children throughout the world.  It is a wonderful program.

But as I said earlier, they do so much more.  In fact, I just received March's newsletter and I want to share the links with you.  If you do not have an organization that you support that reaches the nations, I would highly recommend looking into Samaritan's Purse.  I love to know that although I cannot at this time person go and touch other nations.  I can help those who can.

Samaritan's Purse History
Helping Victims of Deadly Twisters
A Year of Restoration: Japan
Humanitarian Crisis Escalates: Sudan
Operation Christmas Child

No comments:

Post a Comment