Thursday, December 15, 2011

Right now!!

I cannot believe Christmas is in 10 days.  I am always surprised at how fast time goes.  Another year almost over, WOW!

Right now, I am sitting on my couch watching the snow come down.  It is beautiful, but why can't it wait for few more days.  I know it will be beautiful and white up here for a few days and then it will be gone for Christmas.

We get more snow up here on the Palouse than the LC valley does, but it is still rare for us to have snow on Christmas.  This will be our fifth Christmas here and we can only think of snow on one.  I am praying it will last.  I would love a White Christmas.

We have been staying busy on our break from school.  We have been trying to do our daily advent activities although I must admit we are behind.  Yesterday, we made homemade marshmallows and sugar cookies.  The marshmallows were a challenge.  The recipes all state that having a Kitchen Aid type freestanding mixer is the best plan and I can give affirmation to that.  The girls and I did a whole lot of whipping and I think our marshmallows are going to be a bit flat.

Disappointingly, I did not take any pictures.  You will just have to imagine the lovely, white mess we were when all the cooking was done.  We had a lot of fun though.

I hope you all are enjoying these days before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment