Friday, January 15, 2010

Teenagers

For those of you who do not have a teenager in your life, you should. I have learned more in the last month with my teenager than I have in a long time. She has challenged me to really think about what I believe and why.

Do I really believe that God loves me enough to forgive me when I make mistakes? Do I really believe that he is always there for me? Does he really care enough about me to take care of all of my needs? When I am afraid in the middle of the night, will he really be there for me? Do I really have to be nice to people that are not nice to me? Why must I put others before myself?

All of these questions and more have we covered in the last few weeks. God has really challenged me to be ready for her questions and dilemmas, so this has really stepped up my time with him and isn't that what it is all about. Time with our creator to know him better.

I encourage you. If you do not have a teenager in your life, find one to befriend. You will be blessed more abundantly than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment