Monday, January 3, 2011

Devotional Entry

Jeremy was looking for a new devotional and found "My Utmost for His Highest" on Amazon. He thought it sounded great. What he did not realize is that he already had a copy of it. I reminded him and he has begun to use it.

I also decided I would use it this year. I have been using a devotional by the Copelands that has been great to challenge me in my faith, but this was the third year I have done it and I was needing something new.

I just started yesterday and here were my thoughts.

Am I willing to completely surrender my will for that of Christ's? Do I truly believe that He is going to make the decisions that are best for me? Do I truly believe that His heart is to see me receive abundance in every area of my life? Do I believe I can find it with Him and through Him?

I realize that I struggle because of my many questions. I do not have a simple faith. I have made it very complex because I want to see all the angles. I want to make an "informed decision". To step out off the cliff in simple obedience is frightening and too simple. Life was never meant to be simple, right?

But what I have begun to realize is that Christ is simple. He has never been a complex God and He was not a complex man.

He said, "Whatever I see the Father do that is what I do." Simple.

Why can I not be the same way? Why can I not just follow in Christ's footsteps? Feed the hungry. Bless the poor. Bring hope to those without. Heal the sick. Be a mother to the motherless.

There is a lot of life in those few simple statements and that is where I want to be.

So my goal this year is pursue this simple perspective of Christ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment