Saturday, November 27, 2010

Odds and Ends

Here are some miscellaneous pictures I have taken in the last weeks. The first one is Luken helping Jeremy while he is doing push ups. Luken thinks this is great fun.

I have been repurposing candles lately. Walmart now has labels on their candles that can be peeled off. It is so nice. I had bought some candles from there lately, but as usual there was a bit left over. I remembered I had some wicks from when I had made my own candles. This inspired me to reuse these candles.

I put my oven on its lowest setting. Melted the remaining wax and poured it into another container. I now have empty candle holders and a new candle.


This became a layered candle. I would allow each layer to firm up before I put the new layer in. No mingling of scents.


This final picture is what all of our upstairs windows looked like when our temperature was down near 0 degrees. Sheets of ice formed on all the windows. Jeremy has not had time yet to get plastic over our windows like he usual does. It is crazy to see that ice layer on the inside of your window.

So this is the little bits that are happening in between the bigger events going on at this time of year. There is a lot more to come in the month of December. Be looking out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment