Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Me, Myself, and Jesus

Luken woke me this morning around 5:30 to get up for his early morning time. He likes to take a poop first thing in the morning.

Jeremy usually gets up around 6 to have a quiet time and get ready for work. So I am usually never alone in the morning, which is my favorite time of day.

But this morning, my husband is not feeling all that well and has slept in. Luken played for a little while after I changed his diaper, but then he laid down on the floor with his pony and began to fall asleep. And for Luken's big news, he is taking a binkie. Thank you, Jesus. I got a better night sleep last night because of it.

Back to being alone, I put Luken back in his bed and I have been alone for the last hour.

I love morning. The quiet of night time is just not the same as the morning. You wake up and everything is new. There is not a day that has past that you are pondering. I wake up thinking of what is ahead and I love it. At night, I tend to think of all I did not accomplish during my day, but in the morning, it is all before me. I get to start anew.

Because I have four children and I homeschool them, I am not very often on my own. So this morning is a gift from God. I opened my curtains and it is lightly snowing covering my ugly, muddy yard with a beautiful blanket of white. I turn on my Christmas lights. My fire is going and it is a perfect morning in the country.

I had my devotional time and I was reminded of how God chose simple shepherds to be the first to meet His Son. Those that had the least amount of worth in their society. It makes me thankful to know that whatever I have done in my life God doesn't see me as worthless. He loves me and gave me the perfect gift and now it is my joy to give that gift back in everything I do.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope you have your perfect Christmas moment with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment